Posted on May 11, 2022.
We all know how FANTASTIC it feels to get a solid night’s sleep, but why does it feel so good?! Because our brains are saying thank you! Our brain is the busiest organ, consuming as much as 25% of our overall energy (we see you, KETO//OS NAT®). When anything works to convert fuel into energy, waste is produced, the brain being no exception. Our brain takes sleep & relaxation time to clean house and get rid of waste accumulated over time! (#ketophagy) But that’s not all the brain benefits from when we sleep…
- Sleep boosts your mental health. Long-term sleep loss can increase stress, anxiety, and depressive moods. Hit the hay early for your mental well-being!
- It helps make your memory sharper. Ample amounts of sleep can help your brain stay sharper and boosts your power of recall. No more excuses for forgetting the grocery list!
- More sleep = better mood. A lack of sleep can make it hard for you to regulate your emotions; fairly neutral stress triggers, you would otherwise manage without anger, may feel more intense without enough sleep. The next time you’re feeling moody, take a nap and see what happens!
- Sleep aids in decision-making. Scientists found that a period of unconscious thought (aka sleep) can help aid better decision-making. Here’s a good reason to “sleep” on a big choice.
- It helps you focus on your everyday tasks. Studies show shuteye can help you remain sharp and alert throughout the course of your day, making your to-do list feel way more manageable than it would without sleep. Even naps can help boost your focus. Sleep also improves learning and problem-solving skills.
Sleep is a weapon, so use it!
Original post: https://www.pruvitnow.com/ca/your-brain-needs-sleep/